Steff, Ricky and Milo get their bugles out and celebrate the start of the Game Is About Glory’s 4th season, we bask in the delight of signing James Maddison, and we go through the week that was and transfer rumours. You might think that’s a ‘light’ load: try telling Milo as he wrestles down our 110 minute chinwag into this week’s action-packed pod!
Steff, Milo and Gareth…
1) Reveal the new James Bond
2) Dive into the transfer rumour mill. How does it work and who to trust?
3) Look at this week’s biggest transfer gossip
4) Give you the full low-down on everything from England U19s to Daniel Levy’s insistence on horticulture in N17
5) Reveal who is responsible for the true birth of the semi-scurrilous transfer rumour in modern football. A clue. It is someone on this week’s show, and unless you listen, you’ll never know because you’ll never, ever guess who it is…
This week, Milo, Steff and Gareth discuss the return to standards and expectations at Spurs in the wake of the Liverpool match, plus we try to figure out whether football should stay or go during the Covid spike. We also pay light homage to the UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body, at the same time covering our tragic exit from the Europa Conference League.
This week, Steff, Simon, Milo and Awesome play ketchup with the Conte regime and the spicey 2-1 win against Leeds at White Hot Lane. We also delve into the concept of project building versus instant-grat with football teams today. Will Tottenham ever build ‘a project’ again, or are we on the supercharged highway seeking instant success? All this and a message for the boo-boys.
From the glorious upper leg structure of players departed to the marvellous DoF structure which has seen some top level squad management and recruitment this summer, The Game Is About Glory explores our season squad options in meticulous detail. Join Steff, Ricky, Gareth and a returning Milo for the full breakdown on ins, outs and shake it all abouts at the Lane. Royal(e) listening is guaranteed!